Your Local Plumbers Proudly Serving Bergen, Passaic, Mercer, Middlesex, Camden, Burlington, Gloucester, and Monmouth Counties
You probably don’t think about it much, but your garbage disposal works hard to take care of a great deal of your home’s food waste… until one day, it doesn’t! If your garbage disposal makes alarming noises or has stopped working entirely, call Len The Plumber for speedy garbage disposal repair service to your Burlington County or Camden County home. Our team of certified experts will get your garbage disposal back to working order quickly, so it can get back to doing its part to help keep your kitchen clean!
Garbage Disposal Repair Services
When your garbage disposal jams, won’t turn on, or makes strange noises, you can try cleaning your disposal system first. If it is still experiencing issues, call Len The Plumber for repair. Fortunately, most disposal problems are relatively minor. Many issues come from putting the wrong things down your garbage disposal, which can cause it to jam. Whatever the issue, we’ll diagnose it and repair it to bring your garbage disposal back up to speed.
Having problems with your garbage disposal in Burlington County? Call us today at (800) 950-4619(800) 950-4619 and we’ll help you get it fixed! You can also contact us online to schedule garbage disposal repair in Camden County!
What Should You Avoid Putting Down Your Garbage Disposal?
Your garbage disposal does a great job of churning up and liquefying food waste to take it off your hands. However, certain items or substances can damage it, wear down the motor, or cause it to jam. Extend the life of your unit and avoid the need for repair service by keeping these items out of your garbage disposal:
- Grease, fats, lard, and oils
- Pulpy materials like paper, wood, or pumpkin
- Large or hard food items
- Meat, skin, and bones
- Fibrous foods like celery and banana peels
- Apple seeds or peach pits
- Coconut shells and pineapple shoots
- Corn cobs or husks
DIY Tips to Fix Minor Garbage Disposal Problems
Some garbage disposal problems can be resolved with a simple fix that you can perform yourself. If your disposal stops working and you’re feeling handy, try these DIY tips before calling Len The Plumber:
- 1. Reset your disposal. The bottom of your garbage disposal should have a RESET button. If you can’t find it, look up your garbage disposal on the manufacturer’s website for instructions. If the motor jams, turn the disposal off and wait a few minutes, then firmly press this button.
- 2. Unjam your disposal from the bottom. Check to see if your disposal can be unjammed from the bottom. There should be a small, hexagonal hole where an Allen key can fit – turning this will allow you to turn the flywheel and attempt to dislodge the clog.
- 3. Check the power. This may seem obvious, but if your garbage disposal isn’t responding at all when you turn it on, it may not be receiving power. If your disposal is plugged into an electrical receptacle under the sink, unplug it and test the outlet with another appliance to make sure it’s working. If your disposal is hardwired to an electrical box, try resetting your circuit breaker panel by flipping it off and on.
If you try these tips and you still can’t get your disposal to work, or if you discover that your garbage disposal is leaking, call Len The Plumber! We can be at your home in Burlington County or Camden County the same day for professional garbage disposal repair.
Garbage Disposal Installation & Replacement Services
Garbage disposals last around 10-15 years, so if yours is approaching that range, you may want to consider a replacement. Whether you’re proactively upgrading your kitchen with a new garbage disposal or your older disposal has churned its last leftovers, the experts at Len The Plumber can help you out! We’ll walk you through multiple options based on your home’s needs, then install your new disposal in place of the old one. Your new system will integrate seamlessly with your existing setup, and very soon you’ll be back to meal prepping in a sparkling clean kitchen.
Schedule Garbage Disposal Service in Camden County or Burlington County
A broken garbage disposal throws a wrench in your regular kitchen operations. Don’t wait to get your fully functional kitchen back – call Len The Plumber for quick garbage disposal repair or replacement. Our experts will evaluate the scope of the problem and offer solutions that work for your needs and budget. Whether that ends up being a minor repair or a total replacement, we’ll have it done quickly so you can get back to enjoying your kitchen.
To schedule garbage disposal repairs in Camden County, Burlington County, and the surrounding areas, call Len The Plumber at (800) 950-4619(800) 950-4619 or contact us online today! We also offer garbage disposal replacement, with the perfect option for your needs!