If you have a hidden leak in your walls or ceiling, it can go unnoticed for some time before you start to suspect that you may have a problem. Even if you realize that you have a leak, finding it can be next to impossible without professional help. To avoid extensive water damage, you should call in Len The Plumber at the first sign of a leak.
Our skilled plumbers will arrive with special equipment to detect leaks hidden in your walls or ceiling – without tearing through the drywall! We offer 24/7 emergency plumbing service at no extra charge, as well as upfront pricing and flexible financing for big jobs. We’ll find and fix any leak quickly, helping you prevent further damage to your home in Camden County or Burlington County.
If you think you may have a water leak in your wall or ceiling, call Len The Plumber at (800) 950-4619(800) 950-4619 or contact us online now. We offer first-class leak detection & repair services throughout Burlington County & Camden County, NJ.
Signs You Have a Leak Inside Your Walls or Ceilings
Unfortunately, many home plumbing leaks are not obvious and can remain hidden for a while. The only way to identify that you might have a leak is to be aware of these signs:
- Unusually high water bills: A hidden leak can cause your water bill to rise for no apparent reason. Since this is sometimes the only sign, you should never ignore an unexplained rise in your water bills – call Len The Plumber to investigate!
- Stained or bulging drywall: If you notice water stains on your drywall or “bubbles” where it is bulging in places, give us a call to check for leaks in that area.
- Moldy smells: Anytime water gets where it shouldn’t be, it generally encourages mold growth. With a hidden leak, you may start to notice a musty or moldy odor in your home.
- Warm areas on your walls: If a hot water pipe is leaking, it can create a warm spot on your wall.
- Sounds of running water: If you hear trickling, dripping, or running water but you can’t locate the source, you may have a wall or ceiling leak.
- Water meter is always running: The water meter outside your home measures how much water you use. To check for leaks, check the reading on your water meter and make a note of it. Don’t use any water in your home for at least two hours, then go outside and read the meter again. If the number has changed, you may have leak in your home.
If you’ve noticed any of the signs above, call Len The Plumber for leak detection and repair service in Camden County or Burlington County. You can reach us 24/7 at (800) 950-4619(800) 950-4619 or contact us online to schedule service!
Common Causes of Wall & Ceiling Leaks
Homeowners in Burlington County and Camden County are often surprised to find out that they have a leak, but they’re more common than most people realize. Leaks in walls and ceilings can be caused by a number of common issues, including:
- Leaky fixtures or appliances: Even if your piping is sound, an issue like a leaking shower head can cause water to drip down into your wall every time you use the shower.
- Leaky pipe fittings or plumbing connections: If pipe fittings or connections are loose or worn out, they could be letting water escape into your walls or ceiling.
- Frozen pipes: Pipes can burst when they freeze, which sometimes results in severe flooding. Even if they don’t burst when frozen, freezing can weaken their structure and cause them to break later.
- Roof leaks: A wet ceiling on the upper floor of your home most likely indicates a roof leak.
No matter the cause of your leak, our expert plumbers will get to the bottom of it. We’ll quickly fix the underlying issue and stop further water damage from occurring.
Leak Detection & Repair: What to Expect
Even if you identify where water is leaking, finding the actual source can be difficult. Water leaking from one spot will follow gravity to travel to another. Only professional leak detection service can locate the true source of a leak.
When we come to your home to pinpoint the location of a water leak, we will:
- Turn on your plumbing fixtures and test them for leaks.
- Use non-invasive procedures and the latest technology to detect leaks with minimal disruption to your home.
- Determine the best methods for repairing the leak, with careful consideration for the location and cause.
- Clean up after ourselves and leave you with a clean, leak-free home!
Schedule Wall & Ceiling Leak Repair in Camden County & Burlington County, NJ
Having a hidden leak or finding water damage is very distressing for any homeowner. At Len The Plumber, our goal is to make plumbing repair as stress-free and easy as possible for our customers, so we’ll be there soon after you call to take care of everything. Whether your leak requires a minor repair, a re-piping job, or major plumbing work, we’ll fully explain all the options and swiftly perform the work. With Len The Plumber, you can rest assured that the job will be done right the first time, every time.
We also invite you to check out our glowing reviews, as well as our guarantees and our latest offers, to see why we’ve been a leading plumbing company for over two decades.