Your Local Well Water and Pump Experts Proudly Serving Bergen, Passaic, Mercer, Middlesex, Camden, Burlington, Gloucester, and Monmouth Counties
Do you know what’s in the water you drink, cook with, bathe in, and clean with every day? Contaminants can ruin the taste of your well water, damage your plumbing, and leave grimy coatings all over everything your water touches.
Fortunately, the team at Len The Plumber offers comprehensive well services, including testing, treatment, and filtration solutions for New Jersey residents. We’ll restore your peace of mind in the safety and purity of your water supply.
If you’re interested in scheduling well water testing or want to discuss options for water treatment, call (800) 950-4619(800) 950-4619 or contact Len The Plumber online today for service in New Jersey.
Benefits of Well Water Treatment & Purification
At Len The Plumber, we provide comprehensive water treatment and purification system services. This includes determining the right system for your water quality needs, initial installation, upkeep services such as repairs and maintenance, and full replacement when your system reaches the end of its service life.
By investing in well water treatment solutions, you’ll enjoy:
- Protection from harmful contaminants and hard water
- Reduced risk of damage to your plumbing from trace mineral buildup or caustic chemicals
- Extended service life for plumbing fixtures and appliances
- Improved home value
- Better-tasting water for drinking and cooking
- Cleaner water for bathing, washing clothes, washing dishes, etc.
Routine water testing is important to keeping your water clean and safe; even municipal water can end up contaminated by the time it reaches a home, but it’s all the more important with well water because testing and treatment are the homeowner’s responsibility.
Types of water testing Len The Plumber provides include:
pH Level Testing
pH levels, which measure whether a substance is acidic, alkaline, or neutral, range from zero for highly acidic to 14 for highly alkaline.
Water above 8.5 pH is generally considered hard water and contains enough trace minerals to feature a bitter taste and leave mineral residue all over your plumbing, dishes, clothes, and more.
Acidic water with a pH below 6.5 isn’t good, either. It might contain dangerous contaminants, including heavy metals, and can damage teeth, plumbing, and anything else it comes in contact with over time.
Len The Plumber can test your water’s pH level and provide any necessary treatments to ensure it’s within the normal range.
There are many potential issues if you have iron in your water, including:
- Metallic-tasting water and food
- Frequent clogs and buildup in your drain pipes
- Yellow, red, and brown stains on plumbing fixtures, laundry, and dishes
If you notice any of these problems, Len The Plumber can determine the mineral concentration in your water and provide an effective solution to protect you and your plumbing.
Water Treatment Options
Once we’ve identified the cause of your poor water quality, we can recommend the treatment option that’ll resolve your water quality issue.
The first consideration is point-of-use versus point-of-entry filtration:
- Point-of-use water treatment solutions filter water at the faucet or other fixture. This is a more affordable and simple water solution that works best if your drinking water is the main concern.
- Point-of-entry water treatment solutions treat all your well water as it enters your home. It will usually cost more to install and maintain, but POE treatment offers complete protection and can save you from damaged pipes and appliances over time, depending on your water quality issues.
We offer two forms of water filtration solutions:
- A reverse osmosis system forces water molecules through a membrane that most contaminants can’t get through. RO systems supply water for drinking and cooking and require installing a separate faucet because the system’s tank can only hold 1.5 to 2 gallons of water at a time.
- A carbon filtration system is a simple filter with granular activated carbon that removes organic chemicals from your water to improve its taste and smell. We install point-of-use and point-of-entry carbon filters.
Hard water can leave residue on nearly everything your water touches, including:
- And more
Len The Plumber can install a water softener to remove the calcium and magnesium that hardens water for a cleaner home.
Unlike filtration, water disinfection solutions break down and deactivate contaminants that are too small to filter out. Len The Plumber provides:
- Chlorination treatment, which is a chemical treatment that kills bacteria and disease-causing organisms using chlorine
- Ultraviolet treatment, which is a physical treatment that kills bacteria and viruses with ultraviolet light
Choose Len The Plumber for Well Water Testing & Treatment in New Jersey
When you need to be certain of the quality and safety of the well water entering your home and exiting your faucets, turn to the team at Len The Plumber.
With over 25 years of exceptional service to our customers, we’re happy to help with all your plumbing service needs. Our plumbers are the best in the business!