Proudly Serving Montgomery & Bucks Counties
If your air conditioner is no longer cooling your home effectively, it might be time for a new, energy-efficient system.
Len The Plumber Heating & Air offers hassle-free AC services, including air conditioning replacement.
Our skilled HVAC technicians simplify the process from start to finish — from helping you select the right model to expertly installing your new air conditioner.
Signs You Need a New Air Conditioner
Planning for your air conditioning replacement before your existing unit breaks down completely will save you money and stress.
But how do you know when you should opt for a replacement instead of air conditioning repairs? Here are a few signs:
- You need repairs over 50% of the cost of a new system.
- The unit is 10 to 15 years old.
- You need frequent AC repairs.
- You need to replace a major AC component, like the compressor.
- Your unit isn’t as energy-efficient as it used to be.
- Your unit can’t sustain your comfort.
Benefits of AC Replacement
Many homeowners put off replacing their air conditioners, but a new cooling unit is a worthwhile investment. You’ll enjoy:
- Significant energy savings
- Improved indoor air quality
- A longer system life span
- More consistent cooling
- Quieter operation
- And more
How To Choose the Right Air Conditioner for Your Home
Len The Plumber Heating & Air will help you select the optimal AC replacement for your home. You can evaluate your options based on a few factors:
- Your home’s size and layout: The square footage determines the cooling capacity you need, which is measured in British Thermal Units (BTUs).
- Your budget: Your technician will recommend the best system within your price range. We also offer financing options for your convenience.
- SEER rating: Each system is assigned a seasonal energy efficiency rating. The higher the rating, the more energy-efficient the system and the greater your energy savings.
- Compressor speed: Single-stage, two-stage, and variable-speed compressors control your AC’s cooling capacity.
Alternative Comfort Systems
Central air conditioning isn’t the only HVAC system that provides cooling. Len The Plumber Heating & Air also installs and services:
- Ductless mini-splits: These systems cool your home using wall-mounted indoor units that connect to a single outdoor unit, eliminating the need for ductwork.
- Heat pumps: These systems cool and heat your home all year round by transferring warm air inside or outside.
Choose Len The Plumber Heating & Air for High-Quality AC Replacement
For over 25 years, the homeowners we serve have trusted our team to keep their lives moving. Len The Plumber Heating & Air makes the air conditioning installation process seamless so you can have peace of mind that you’re making the best decision for your comfort needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s a good SEER rating?
The minimum SEER rating for Philadelphia and the surrounding areas is 14 SEER or 13.4 SEER2.
Most modern air conditioners are more energy-efficient than older models. The higher the SEER rating, the greater your energy savings, so it’s best to aim for the most efficient system within your budget.
How long do air conditioners last?
Air conditioners last about 10 to 15 years. You can extend the service life span of your system by scheduling routine AC maintenance at least once each year.
What are the steps for AC replacement?
Here’s what you can expect during an air conditioning replacement service:
- Your technician will inspect your current system to determine if replacement is necessary.
- They’ll provide estimates for AC models that are suitable for your home.
- You’ll select a new air conditioner.
- They’ll schedule the installation date.
- Your technician will disconnect the wiring and remove your current cooling system.
- They’ll install your new system according to the factory instructions from your system’s manufacturer.
- Your technician will run a test cycle to ensure optimal function.