Did you know that the line that connects the water main in the street to your home’s plumbing is your responsibility as a homeowner? When something goes wrong with your main water line, you’ll need a plumber you can trust to resolve the problem quickly, as you could be dealing with significant property damage and wasted water before you realize it.
A broken water main can be especially troublesome in the Philadelphia area. The average water main is over 70 years, meaning many are aging out of use and are more susceptible to leaking, corrosion, or displacement.
Len The Plumber will be there when you need help with your water line, whether that means repair or replacement, and we’ll work hard to deliver exceptional workmanship as quickly as possible.
Main Water Line Repairs in Philadelphia
When you have a main water line leak or a full break, you need help fast. Fortunately, you can count on the team at Len The Plumber to show up for emergency repairs, so you can get your problem resolved and your water running correctly again.
If you start to suspect a problem with your water line, don’t hesitate to reach out to us — the sooner you tackle the issue, the less you’re likely to spend on resolving it — and the less stress will be involved.
Water line issues could have a number of causes that affect how we best approach service. Common reasons water supply lines break include:
- Shifting or settling soil: If the soil in your yard shifts significantly, it can displace your line and break it, especially if it’s already aging.
- Freezing and thawing ground: The pressure changes on your water line due to freezing and thawing — and the potential settling of soil as a result — often breach water lines, especially if they’re already susceptible.
- Water line corrosion: Water line corrosion can be a problem in older pipes and pipes exposed to certain contaminants. Connection to a corroding water main can accelerate this process.
- Tree root infiltration: Tree roots can grow into the narrowest gaps in your pipes. The bulk of a root can even outright displace and break your line.
Signs You Need Main Water Line Repairs
Wondering what to look for? Signs you may need main water line repairs include:
- No water or low water pressure
- Murky or discolored water
- Sudden and excessive amounts of water in your yard
- An unusual increase in your water bill
- A sinkhole in your yard
Main Water Line Replacement & Installation in the Delaware Valley
Need a new water line installed for your home in the Philadelphia area? The team at Len The Plumber can leverage the latest in tools, techniques, and materials to ensure you have a quality water line installed with as little disruption to your life and your property as possible. Modern piping materials, like PVC, are much stronger than older materials, like galvanized steel, and could even outlast your home.
Water Line Repair vs. Replacement
Repairs of specific problems like leaks usually make more sense than a complete replacement.
However, replacement is likely a smarter investment if your pipes are approaching the end of their life span or have suffered a major break.
Schedule Main Water Line Service in Philadelphia & the Delaware Valley Today
At Len The Plumber, we’ve served customers across Philadelphia and the Delaware Valley for over 25 years. By choosing to work with our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Focused expertise: “Plumber” is in our name, and it’s all we do!
- Zero surprises: You’ll know all the details of your service and the price before work begins.
- A local team: Our plumbers are dispatched from your local area to ensure fast, familiar service.
- Stocked trucks: Our team arrives with everything they need to resolve most plumbing problems.
- Respectful service: We always guarantee polite service and respect for you and your home.