Does your water not seem to get quite as hot as it should, are you spending more on your utility bills than you used to, or have you noticed residue and signs of corrosion in your water?
Perhaps your hot water needs have increased, and you’re ready to upgrade to a larger unit. Or maybe you have a traditional storage-tank water heater, and you’re considering a switch to an energy-efficient tankless unit.
Whatever your reasons for considering a water heater replacement, you can count on the team at Len The Plumber to help you choose, size, and install the ideal tankless water heater for your Philadelphia-area home.
Why Replace Your Tankless Water Heater?
Like traditional water heaters, tankless water heaters don’t last forever. Routine maintenance and speedy repairs can maximize your tankless unit’s service life, but after about 20 years, it will start losing efficiency and need more significant repairs.
It’s best to start thinking about replacement well before your water heater breaks down completely so you can minimize gaps in efficiency and comfort.
Common signs you may need a tankless water heater replacement soon include:
- Poor performance: When your tankless water heater can’t give you any or enough hot water, it’s not doing its job effectively.
- Poor efficiency: If your utility bills are going up for no reason, it might be because your tankless water heater’s age is causing a dip in efficiency.
- Odd behaviors: Anything that seems different about your water heater probably points to the aging process — at minimum, you’ll probably need repairs for odd noises, smells, etc.
- Age: After your tankless unit’s first decade, replacement starts to become a sensible choice when you consider new system improvements and general wear and tear on your current unit, even if you haven’t noticed specific problems yet.
How To Choose the Right Tankless Water Heater
When choosing a tankless water heater, getting all the right information in advance is crucial.
While the Len The Plumber team will do what we can to help you determine your water consumption needs and choose correctly, it’s a good idea to know the factors we’ll be looking at:
- The state of your plumbing
- Your budgetary concerns
- The type of fuel you intend to use
- And more!
Sizing is the most critical factor and is determined by looking at:
- The starting temperature of the water coming into your home
- The target temperature you want for your water
- The number of people in your home
- How many gallons per minute your household will consume at peak hot water consumption
The team at Len The Plumber has the knowledge and experience to help you choose the best tankless water heater for all your needs. Contact us online or call (800) 950-4619(800) 950-4619 today to schedule replacement service.
Schedule Tankless Water Heater Installation & Replacement in Philadelphia & the Delaware Valley Area
When you’re ready to schedule a replacement for your tankless water heater, make sure it’s done right by choosing Len The Plumber. We know replacing your water heater is a significant investment. That’s why we offer convenient financing for those who qualify.
With over 25 years of experience, upfront pricing, and excellent customer service, we’ll make sure you’re completely satisfied with your new tankless water heater.