Ductless air conditioners are efficient HVAC solutions for Northern Virginia homes without traditional ductwork. Some mini-split models also provide heating capabilities for year-round comfort.
At Len The Plumber Heating & Air, we go above and beyond to meet your ductless mini-split service needs and exceed your expectations.
With same day service seven days a week, 24/7 emergency repair availability, and upfront pricing before work begins, you can trust us to deliver optimized comfort and peace of mind.
How Do Ductless Mini-Splits Work?
A ductless mini-split system is comprised of two main components: indoor units and an outdoor unit. Unlike central air conditioners and heat pumps, ductless mini-splits don’t use ductwork to distributed conditioned air.
The outdoor condenser is connected to multiple indoor air handlers via refrigerant lines and electrical wiring. The small, wall-mounted air handler blows air directly into individual rooms.
With easy installation, this compact comfort system allows independent control of each temperature zone, which boosts efficiency and comfort and minimizes energy consumption.
Ductless Mini-Split Installation & Replacement
At Len The Plumber Heating & Air, we take a comprehensive approach to your ductless mini-split system installation.
Our process includes:
- Site assessment: We evaluate your home to determine the best location for indoor and outdoor units.
- Unit removal and disposal: If you have an old cooling system in place, we’ll remove all components and prepare the site for the new unit.
- Air handler placement: We strategically install air handlers in desired zones, placing them to ensure proper airflow.
- Outdoor unit installation: We install your outdoor unit in a well-ventilated area, ensuring proper clearance for air circulation.
- Electrical connections: We run wiring from your outdoor unit to your indoor handler and set a dedicated circuit for your comfort unit.
- Refrigerant line installation: We ensure safe refrigerant transfer for optimal cooling capabilities.
- System testing: We thoroughly test your system and make final adjustments for optimized performance.
- Homeowner orientation: We’ll demonstrate system operation, discuss maintenance needs, and answer any questions you have about your new unit.
With customized solutions for your home, Len The Plumber Heating & Air ensures your comfort needs are met with precision and care.
We install mini-split systems that adequately cool any space — entire homes, additions, detached garages, in-law suites, and more!
24/7 Ductless Mini-Split Repair in Northern Virginia
Experience the convenience of 24/7 emergency ductless mini-split repair. If you have a breakdown, we’ll arrive quickly to help.
Our highly skilled and friendly technicians provide accurate diagnoses and repair solutions to restore cooling to your home.
Signs that your ductless mini-split may need repair include:
- Foul smells emanating from your system
- Water leaks from your air handlers
- Uneven temperature distribution in your home
- An unresponsive thermostat
- Insufficient or reduced airflow in your home
- Ice buildup on the evaporator coils
Ductless Mini-Split Maintenance
Maintaining your ductless mini-split is the key to enhanced efficiency, extended system life span, and consistent performance.
With routine tune-ups, homeowners can reap the benefits of lower energy bills, improved air quality, minimized repair costs, and more.
If you use your mini-split for cooling, schedule service each spring. However, we recommend service in the spring and fall if your mini-split heats and cools your home.
Ask about our Whole Home Service Plan to make maintenance as easy as possible. Members receive priority scheduling, a 15% discount on repairs, and access to live call takers seven days a week.
Schedule Ductless Mini-Split Services for Your Northern Virginia Home
Len The Plumber Heating & Air is your trusted home service provider in Northern Virginia. With over 25 years of industry experience, we’re dedicated to quality craftsmanship, transparent pricing, and a seamless customer service experience from start to finish.
As your one-stop shop for home services, you can always count on
- Upfront pricing
- No extra fees for evening, weekend, or overtime service
- Financing options on approved credit
- Experience and skilled technicians
- Same day service seven days a week
- 24/7 emergency repair availability
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of ductless mini-splits?
- Fast and easy installation
- Better air quality
- Smaller carbon footprint
- Reduced utility costs
- Flexible comfort control
How long do ductless mini-splits last?
Why is my ductless mini-split leaking water?
There could be several causes:
- A blockage in the drain line
- Drain pan damage
- A dirty air filter
- A refrigerant leak
Clean and replace your air filter. If the problem persists, your HVAC technician can diagnose and repair the issue.