Your air conditioner wears down over time, even just from normal use. You need to take care of your cooling unit to maintain healthy function for a long system service life.
At Len The Plumber Heating & Air, we recommend annual air conditioner maintenance in addition to normal homeowner maintenance, like filter replacement.
If you’re a resident of Alexandria, Arlington, Dale City, or the surrounding areas, look no further than our team for superior air conditioning services you can trust. Call (800) 950-4619(800) 950-4619 today to schedule an AC maintenance appointment.
Why Do I Need Preventative AC Maintenance?
Cooling units are complex pieces of equipment. Dirt and debris accumulate in the system, components wear down, electrical connections loosen, etc.
With each of these changes, your system needs to work harder to achieve the same results — which wastes energy and accelerates the rate of wear and tear.
Preventative maintenance helps resolve little problems before they can develop into larger issues that will affect your comfort.
Benefits of Scheduling Annual AC Maintenance
Are you still not convinced that tune-ups are necessary? Here are just a few of the benefits homeowners enjoy when they schedule AC maintenance every year:
- You’ll need fewer AC repairs because issues will be less common and less severe.
- You’ll avoid premature AC replacement by minimizing wear and tear.
- You’ll enjoy healthier indoor air quality without dirt and debris buildup on your air conditioner components.
- You’ll maintain the value of your initial investment, keeping your AC efficient and effective for longer.
- You’ll often avoid air conditioner breakdowns, meaning you don’t have to go without the cool air you need.
What’s Included in an Air Conditioning Tune-Up?
We value transparency and clear communication at Len The Plumber Heating & Air. Maintaining interior AC components requires professional knowledge and equipment, so it’s best to leave most tune-up tasks to our team.
During your air conditioning maintenance appointment, your HVAC technician will:
- Inspect air filters
- Check refrigerant pressures
- Clean outdoor coils
- Inspect all motors and electrical connections
- Check indoor humidity
- Check thermostat operation
- Repair issues we detect
- And more!
DIY AC Maintenance
Be sure to keep your system in good condition between annual AC tune-ups. Homeowners can complete DIY maintenance tasks, such as:
- Replacing dirty air filters
- Cleaning any debris from your unit, ensuring at least 1 foot of clearance on all sides
- Keep air vents unobstructed for optimal airflow
Take note of any abnormal system operation and schedule air conditioning repair if you suspect an underlying issue with your unit.
Maximize Efficiency & Savings With Our Whole Home Service Plan
As a member, you’ll enjoy:
- Priority service
- 15% off repairs
- Access to live call takers seven days a week
Choose Len The Plumber Heating & Air for AC Maintenance in Northern Virginia
If you live in Arlington, Dale City, Alexandria, or the surrounding areas, the HVAC technicians at Len The Plumber Heating & Air will be glad to assist you in all your routine HVAC service needs.
Keeping your systems reliable and efficient in the years ahead requires service from experienced professionals. Our service integrity and attention to detail ensure you get the comprehensive service you deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the best time of year to schedule AC maintenance?
How often do air filters need to be changed?
How can I save money on my energy bills during the summer?
Annual AC maintenance pays dividends in energy efficiency, but raising your thermostat a few degrees is a great way to save money.
Proper weatherstripping, curtains and blinds to keep the sun out during the day, and good insulation also greatly impact your energy usage each year.