Northern Virginia’s Trusted Plumbing Technicians for Over 25 Years
When a sewer backup comes to your Northern Virginia home, it doesn’t just cause a mess; it can pose a serious health risk to your family and cause catastrophic damage to your plumbing system and fixtures. If your home’s plumbing performance suffers from a sewage backup, Len The Plumber is here to help.
Our team understands the unique needs of Northern Virginia homeowners’ plumbing systems, delivering the long-lasting sewer backup solutions they need exactly when they need them. We offer 24/7 emergency sewer backup repair services to quickly and efficiently resolve your plumbing problems in no time.
Give your home the professional plumbing service it deserves: Contact Len The Plumber at 800-950-4619 to schedule emergency sewer backup repair service today!
What Causes Sewer Backups?
One of the biggest factors to failing sewer lines is age. Systems older than 25 years are particularly susceptible to cracking, sagging, and crumbling, which can lead to major blockages that result in sewer backups. Nearly all homes in Northern Virginia were built more than 20 years ago, meaning you could have a dangerously old sewer line on your hands if it hasn’t been recently replaced. In addition to the age of your system, the following are some additional causes of sewer backups that could be the source of your plumbing problems:
- Clogs: Clogged sewer lines keep your wastewater from flowing into your local sewer system, causing it to back up into your home instead. Toilet paper, hair, grease, food particles, and more can all become trapped inside your system, causing it to clog.
- Tree root infiltration: Aging sewer lines are much more susceptible to having a tree root infiltrate them, creating large blockages that lead to sewage backup in your Northern Virginia home.
- Damaged sewer lines: Older sewer lines are far more likely to become damaged over time. These cracks and sags can cause your system to become severely blocked, leading to backup into your home.
- Heavy rains & floods: Here in Northern Virginia, we experience over a foot of rainfall per year. When storms are particularly heavy during the winter months, city sewage lines can become inundated with water, causing backups in your system.
If the main source of your sewer backup is caused by the main underground sewer pipe, the city will be responsible for any necessary repairs. However, in most other cases, it’s the homeowner’s responsibility to fix sewer line problems and backups. While standard homeowners’ insurance policies won’t cover the cost of repairs and replacements, your provider may pay for your plumbing services if you have water and sewer backup coverage.
Whatever the cause of your sewer backup may be, Len The Plumber has the team you need to help! Contact us to schedule emergency sewer backup repair services in Northern Virginia today.
Signs of Sewer Backups in Your Northern Virginia Home
Sewer backups aren’t difficult to detect once they take up residence in your home. There are several signs that homeowners can watch for that will indicate the need for sewer backup repair, including:
- Sewage smells coming from pipes and drains
- Standing water in your drain pipes
- Slow drainage or multiple drain clogs
- Persistent toilet troubles, even after plunging
- Wastewater backup in floor drains, especially in low areas of the home
- One plumbing fixture acting up while another is in use (i.e., sewage backing up into a tub after flushing the toilet)
If you’ve noticed the telltale signs of sewage backup affecting your plumbing system, it’s time to call in the team of trusted professionals you need. Len The Plumber’s team of exceptional plumbing technicians is uniquely capable of resolving even the toughest sewer line problems affecting your Northern Virginia home.
Call 800-950-4619 to schedule sewer backup repair in Northern Virginia today!
Northern Virginia Sewer Line Repair & Replacement
When you call Len The Plumber for your Northern Virginia sewer line repair or replacement service, you’ll always receive prompt, personalized service. Relying on our years of industry expertise and advanced equipment, our team will:
- Determine the root cause of your sewer backup: Using state-of-the-art sewer line camera inspection, our team will perform a comprehensive system inspection to identify the source of your sewage backup.
- Recommend the best options for sewer line repair: Whether it be sewer drain clog removal or trenchless sewer line replacement, our team will provide an expert recommendation for how to repair or replace your system in no time.
Allow Len The Plumber to restore your sewer line to working condition. Contact us to schedule sewer backup service online today!
How to Prevent Sewer Line Backups in Northern Virginia
While Len The Plumber offers sewer line backup and repair services when you need them, it’s also critical to know how to keep sewer backups at bay. The following are just a few tips that homeowners can follow that will help them avoid catastrophic sewage backup in their homes:
- Proper waste disposal: Ensure paper products, debris, and foreign objects never enter your drains.
- Replace sewer lines: Sewer lines older than 25 years or made from clay, cast iron, or Orangeburg are highly susceptible to failure. Be sure to schedule sewer line replacement if you suspect your line may be dangerously old or poorly constructed.
- Install backwater valves: This backflow prevention device helps stop outbound water from coming back into your home.
- Plumbing system maintenance: Routing drain cleaning and other plumbing maintenance can help keep clogs at bay and catch minor problems before they escalate into more serious issues.
If you’re still experiencing plumbing problems after following these tips, don’t hesitate to reach out to Len The Plumber for the help you need. Contact us at 800-950-4619 to schedule sewer backup repair services today!
Get Help With Your Sewer Backup in Northern Virginia Today
At Len The Plumber, our team has proudly served the unique needs of Northern Virginia homeowners for over 25 years. Relying on our years of industry expertise and state-of-the-art equipment, we are confident in our team’s ability to get the job done right. We know that plumbing emergencies can happen at any time, which is why we’re proud to offer 24/7 emergency plumbing services for all your sewage backup crises!
Call 800-950-4619 to schedule sewer backup repair in Northern Virginia today. We proudly offer FREE estimates, exceptional service, and the most reliable solutions available!