Sometimes your air conditioner has problems that can’t be solved with repairs. When your cooling system is nearing the end of its life span and has consistent issues, it’s time to call Len The Plumber Heating & Air for an air conditioning replacement.
While installing a new AC may seem daunting, we make it easy with hassle-free replacements to restore comfort and improve energy efficiency.
Signs You Need Air Conditioning Replacement
As air conditioners age, they often show signs that they don’t function as well as they used to. Don’t wait until your system stops working completely. Plan your AC replacement to ensure the budget and timing that’s most convenient for you.
You likely need replacement instead of repair if:
- Your air conditioner is 10 to 15 years old.
- Your cooling costs are higher than in previous years.
- Your air conditioner has broken down multiple times.
- You’re always adjusting your thermostat, but you’re never cool enough.
- Your air conditioner needs frequent repairs.
How To Choose the Right Air Conditioner for Your D.C. Home
When it’s time to install a new air conditioner, you must consider a few factors to ensure the best fit for your home.
The team at Len The Plumber Heating & Air is here to help you understand your options based on:
- The size and layout of your home
- Your home’s insulation
- Your budget
- SEER rating requirements
- Desired features for a new AC unit
Alternative Comfort Systems
- Ductless mini-splits provide temperature control without ductwork. Individual air handlers cool certain rooms or zones in your home, making it convenient to tailor comfort levels for different family members.
- Heat pumps are all-in-one systems that use electricity to move heat in or out of your home based on the weather. It’s an incredibly energy-efficient option.
Prevent Premature AC Replacement With Routine Maintenance
Air conditioners have a life span of about 10 to 15 years. You can avoid premature AC replacement and make these years more efficient with annual AC maintenance. If you have a new air conditioner, this is especially important to ensure manufacturer warranty compliance.
At Len The Plumber Heating & Air, we make it easy and cost-effective to stay up to date on your HVAC maintenance needs with our Whole Home Service Plan. Members receive a 15% repair discount and priority service, so you can restore your air conditioner with minimal hassle.
Choose Len The Plumber Heating & Air for AC Replacement
For fast and reliable air conditioning replacement, turn to the local team at Len The Plumber Heating & Air.
We care about the homeowners we serve and always deliver high-quality service because you deserve the best. Our work is backed by our guarantee, and our flexible financing options mean there’s no need to put off installing a new AC.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a SEER rating?
SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio. The higher the SEER rating, the more efficiently the air conditioner will run. Since January 1, 2023, new air conditioners in the southeast region must be at least 15 SEER (14.3 SEER2).
Will an oversized air conditioner keep my home cooler?
No. Bigger isn’t better when it comes to HVAC systems. Larger units draw more energy, so your AC must be properly sized for your home.
What are the benefits of AC replacement?
You’ll enjoy significant energy savings, cleaner air quality, a reduced environmental footprint, and more when you replace an old air conditioner with a modern system.