Keeping warm through the winter in the Baltimore area means having heating equipment that will stay effective, efficient, and reliable — so you need a home service company you can trust to keep it in top condition, repair it when it fails, and replace it when necessary.
At Len The Plumber Heating & Air, we offer comprehensive heating services in Washington, D.C., Charles County, Prince George’s County, and Montgomery County. We provide top-of-the-line equipment, use the latest tools and techniques, and ensure exceptional service to help you stay comfortable year after year.
Heating Systems We Service
At Len The Plumber Heating & Air, we offer service for heating systems, including:
- Gas and electric furnaces: The powerful on-demand heat of a furnace remains the most popular way to keep warm.
- Boilers: Many homeowners choose water heating from a boiler for sustained, even heating throughout their homes.
- Heat pumps: Unmatched heating efficiency and gentler heat make heat pumps an excellent investment, whether alone or combined with a furnace.
24/7 Heating Repair
When your heating system gives you trouble on a cold day, don’t panic. The team at Len The Plumber Heating & Air offers comprehensive 24/7 heating repair.
Give us a call as soon as you notice:
- Reduced or no heat
- Strange smells from your system
- Strange sounds from your system
- Water or fuel leaks
- Rising utility bills
- Reduced indoor air quality
The sooner you repair a problem, the less likely you’ll have to deal with a system breakdown.
Heating Installation & Replacement
When you need heating replacement, ensure your new system is properly sized for your home and installed correctly.
At Len The Plumber Heating & Air, we’ll be happy to guide you through the process to ensure your complete satisfaction and the full benefits of a new heating system, including:
- Improved comfort through upgraded performance
- Reduced energy bills through the superior efficiency of new heating technology
- Minimal risk of breakdowns and repair bills in the years ahead
- Substantial improvement in home value with a great return on investment
Routine heating maintenance is crucial if you want your system to maintain its performance, efficiency, and reliability despite wear and tear over the years.
An HVAC technician will inspect, clean, test, and repair your heating system. Whether it’s replacing furnace filters, recharging heat pump refrigerant, or clearing sediment out of a boiler, Len The Plumber Heating & Air is ready to take on the job.
We recommend scheduling your annual maintenance visit in the fall to enjoy the benefits of maintenance through the coldest part of the year.
Sign Up for Len The Plumber Heating & Air’s Whole Home Service Plan
Keeping up with maintenance doesn’t have to be difficult. With our Whole Home Service Plan, you’ll receive:
- Priority service
- A 15% discount on repairs
- Access to live call takers seven days a week
- Plumbing, heating, and air conditioning maintenance each year
Why Choose Len The Plumber Heating & Air?
When you need reliable heating services, Len The Plumber Heating & Air is the team to call in Washington, D.C. Count on us for:
- 24/7 emergency service
- Same day service seven days a week
- Respectful customer service
- Financing options
- And more
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most common heating system problems?
Many homeowners encounter unusual smells from their heating system or ductwork, such as:
- Burning smells
- Musty or mildew smells
- Sulfur or rotten egg smells
Strange heating system sounds are another common issue, including:
- Banging sounds
- Grinding sounds
- Squealing sounds
- Rattling noises
If you notice any of these issues, it’s best to have a licensed HVAC technician inspect your system.
What is the best temperature setting for winter?
For maximum efficiency in the winter without compromising your comfort or health, set your thermostat at 68 degrees when you’re awake and at home.
When you’re sleeping, you can lower the temperature by a few degrees to save money and have better sleep quality. You can drop the temperature even lower when you’re away at work — just don’t leave it so low that pipes can freeze!
Can I maintain my heating system myself?
You can inspect your system for leaks and obstructions and replace air filters if you have a furnace or heat pump. Otherwise, routine heating maintenance is best left to the professionals.