When the summer heat hits the Washington, D.C., area, Len The Plumber Heating & Air is ready to provide professional air conditioning repair solutions.
We proudly serve homeowners in Charles, Montgomery, and Prince George’s Counties. Ensuring their homes stay cool and comfortable.
When you need fast air conditioning services, choose our team for same day service, seven days a week, and no extra charge for evening or weekend appointments.
24/7 Emergency AC Repair in Charles, Montgomery & Prince George’s Counties
When an AC emergency strikes, our team is available 24/7 to provide emergency repair in the Washington, D.C., area.
We’ll arrive quickly, inspect your air conditioner, and provide the necessary repairs to restore cool air to your home.
Signs You Need AC Repair
Look out for the following signs that indicate your air conditioner may need repair:
- Insufficient cooling: If your AC is running, but the air is not reaching the desired temperature, we have a problem.
- Strange noises: Unusual sounds from your AC unit, such as grinding or rattling, may indicate mechanical issues requiring repair.
- Poor airflow: Weak or inconsistent airflow from your vents could indicate a clogged filter or another issue.
- Frequent short-cycling: If your AC turns on and off, it may struggle to maintain the desired temperature.
Potential causes for AC issues include clogged drainage lines, bad capacitors, refrigerant leaks, condenser coil issues, or evaporator coil problems. Regular air conditioning maintenance can help avoid system breakdowns by reducing wear and tear and identifying these issues before they impact system performance.
AC Repair vs. AC Replacement
With Len The Plumber Heating & Air, you can trust that our team will recommend the right solution for your needs and budget.
Air conditioning repair is often a feasible solution to your cooling problems. However, it might be best to replace your AC if:
- Your unit is 10 years or older.
- Your unit is out of warranty.
- Your unit needs repairs that cost 50% or more of the price of a new unit.
- Your unit is unreliable and breaks down frequently.
Call for Same Day Air Conditioning Repair in Washington, D.C.
Make Len The Plumber Heating & Air your trusted home service company for all your air conditioning service needs in the Washington, D.C., area. With over 25 years of experience and a team of 120 experienced technicians, we proudly serve over 60,000 families annually.
Our exceptional customer service, fully stocked trucks, and upfront pricing without surprise fees set us apart from the competition. We back our work with guarantees, and our great reviews speak to the quality of our service.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you troubleshoot your air conditioner?
- Check that the thermostat is set to cool with the fan on auto.
- Clean or replace the air filter.
- Check for a tripped circuit breaker or a blown fuse.
- Check for drainage line blockages and outdoor air compressor obstructions.
What should I do while I wait for emergency AC repair?
- Keep windows and doors closed to minimize heat exposure.
- Use fans to circulate airflow.
- Stay hydrated and try to find relief in cooler areas of your home.
How do you reset your air conditioner?
- Ensure your AC’s circuit breaker is flipped off.
- Locate the small red reset button on your outdoor unit. Consult your owner’s manual if necessary.
- Press and hold the reset button for three to five seconds.
- Flip your AC’s circuit breaker back on.