When you have a main sewer line clog, every plumbing fixture in your house will likely be affected. That’s because your main line, which is connected to every pipe in your home, carries wastewater from your home to the city’s sewer system. So, whenever there’s a main line blockage, wastewater won’t freely flow to the sewer system, and you’ll notice plumbing problems in your home.
If you experience slow drainage, wastewater backups, or problems with many of your plumbing fixtures, you’ve come to the right place. Len The Plumber specializes in unclogging and repairing sewer main lines. Whether you need to clear a clogged main line or it’s time for sewer and drain rooter service, our expert plumbers have you covered!
Len The Plumber can fix any main line problem. Call 800-950-4619 or contact us online to schedule same day service!
We proudly offer:
- FREE estimates and upfront pricing
- 2-hour response times on all main drain and sewer line emergencies
- Zero extra fees for after-hours or emergency service!
What Causes Main Line Clogs?
Sewer main lines clogs can be caused by any number of things, including:
- Debris that has accumulated in the main line: This can be caused by toilet paper, hair, soap scum, and other foreign objects entering the drains and building up in the main line.
- Tree root infiltration: When tree roots grow into cracked or vulnerable main lines, they can create a blockage that stops the proper flow of wastewater through the line.
- Misaligned main lines: When sections of the sewer line are not correctly lined up with each other, dirt can enter the line and cause blockages.
- Sagging sewer lines: When sections of a main line start to sag or “belly,” they can cause wastewater and debris to accumulate in the lowest part of the sagging area. That may prevent the wastewater from being able to make its way back up again to continue moving through the higher sections of the line. Anything from sinkholes to soil shifting can cause sewer lines to sag.
Signs of Main Line Clogs
Sewer line clogs will raise a lot of red flags, especially as the blockage gets bigger and less wastewater is able to pass it. Some warning signs of a main line clog include:
- Gurgling toilets or drains
- Bubbling water in toilets
- Toilets and drains that frequently clog
- Wastewater backups in the sewer cleanout pipe
- Backups in multiple drains and in lower areas of a home (like in the basement)
- Problems with one plumbing fixture when or after using another (like backups in the shower after flushing the toilet)
If you’re experiencing these or other plumbing problems, don’t try to pour a sewer line cleaner or a main line cleaner down your drains—these cleaners can cause more damage and problems! Instead, contact Len The Plumber. We’ll respond quickly, using our expertise and state-of-the-art equipment to determine:
- What is causing your main line clog
- Where your main line clog is located
- Your best options for removing the clog and restoring your plumbing system
To schedule same day service for your sewer main line, call Len The Plumber at 800-950-4619 or contact us online today!
Whether your sewer line keeps backing up or it’s time for main drain cleaning services, you can count on us to get the job done efficiently and correctly the first time!
How Are Main Line Clogs Cleared or Removed?
The best way to unclog a blocked main line varies, depending on:
- The exact issue that’s causing the clog
- Where the clog is located
- The age and condition of the main line
To figure out these details, Len The Plumber commonly uses sewer line cameras to inspect the underground lines and see exactly what’s causing the blockage.
Depending on what we find, we may do any of the following to clear a main line clog:
- Augering: This can be an option when the main line is not damaged and the clog has been caused by debris entering the plumbing system.
- Main drain cleaning: If clogs have built up in the main drain, main drain cleaning may be the answer to restoring the flow of wastewater through the sewer line.
- Main line repair: When misalignments or minor damage to the main line is causing clogs, repairing the sewer line may be the best solution.
- Main line replacement: When blockages have been caused or worsened by main line damage (from tree roots, sagging, or other factors), it may be necessary to replace the sewer line.
Discover your best options for clearing a main line clog. Call Len The Plumber at 800-950-4619 or contact us online for same day service!
Contact Len The Plumber for Main Line Service in the Washington, D.C. Area
The experienced plumbers at Len The Plumber are ready to provide fast, efficient, high-quality service to repair and restore your sewer main line. Whether it’s time to unclog or replace a main line, we’re the team you can count on for exceptional service and the highest-quality solutions.
To schedule same day sewer line service and get your FREE quote, call us at 800-950-4619 or contact us online now.
For more than 20 years, Len The Plumber has been offering first-class plumbing rooter services in and around the Washington, D.C. area. That’s just one reason why our customers love us—and why we’re a top-rated rooter plumbing company in the Washington, D.C. area! But don’t take our word for it—contact us to experience our excellence for yourself!