Radiators are among the oldest home heating systems still in use today. Whether you need to repair your historic home heating equipment or you’re looking to install an efficient, low-maintenance radiator in your modern home, Len The Plumber has you covered. Our plumbing company has 24 years of experience installing, repairing, and replacing radiators in Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Washington, D.C.
Residential Radiator Installation
Are you looking to install a new heating system? Radiators are ideal for historic properties that lack ductwork. They also create more comfortable rooms in modern homes, heating spaces from the ground up instead of swirling heated air around above your head.
The three primary types of residential radiators we install include:
- Steam radiators: In this system, water is heated to a boil. The resulting steam then funnels throughout freestanding cast iron radiators, ceramic radiators, or a baseboard steam system. At Len The Plumber, we install ceramic radiators and baseboard systems. Cast iron is no longer installed in new homes.
- Hot water radiators: With this type of heating system, a continual flow of hot water is used to warm homes.
- Electric radiators: These function similarly to steam radiators, but they heat special mineral oil instead of water. Electric radiators are usually installed as individual units, rather than a central system, allowing you to turn them on and off as needed. They are best suited for home add-ons, converted garages and attics, and other spaces not tied to the central heating system.
Residential Radiator Repair
With proper care, your home’s radiators should function efficiently for many years. While significant problems are rare, your radiators may break down occasionally, leaving you without heat until you resolve the problem. Here are some of the top reasons to schedule radiator repair with Len The Plumber:
- Trapped air: You can tell your radiator has trapped air if the bottom half is sufficiently warm, but the top half feels cool. Fixing the issue involves bleeding the regulator and checking for the underlying cause to prevent it from happening again.
- Sludge buildup: Feel around the outside of your radiator. If you find patchy cold spots, sludge buildup or rust could be blocking the proper flow of water within the pipes. A system flush can clear out the pipes to restore proper function.
- Noisy operation: An overheated boiler is the most common cause of loud noises coming from your radiator. This can happen if the temperature is too high or limescale has built up inside the boiler. We can help determine the proper temperature to set your boiler or remove limescale if necessary.
Call 800-950-4619 or contact Len The Plumber online for radiator repair service. We offer 24-hour radiator repair service, so you never have to wait long to get the help you need to restore your heating system!
Residential Radiator Replacement
Be on the lookout for signs that your radiators are failing. If you notice leaking, rust on the exterior of the radiators, loud clanging sounds from the pipes, or abnormal temperature fluctuations, it may be time to consider a radiator replacement.
If you currently have a traditional cast iron radiator standing against the wall in each room of your home, you may be pleased to learn that modern, flat-paneled radiators are available today. These sit flush with the wall or are mounted to the wall for a more discreet design that blends in seamlessly with your decor. Modern radiators are also more efficient, making it easy to keep your home comfortable while lowering your monthly heating bills.
Not sure if now’s the right time for radiator replacement? Simply call Len The Plumber at 800-950-4619 or contact us online for expert answers and top-notch heating solutions!
Schedule Radiator Services in DC, DE, MD, PA & VA
At Len The Plumber, our team of radiator service experts is skilled at installing new units, troubleshooting problems with existing systems, and replacing outdated radiators with modern equivalents. Let us provide the radiator services you need. Your satisfaction is guaranteed, so feel free to call us with complete confidence!
For radiator installation, repair, or replacement service, call 800-950-4619 or contact Len The Plumber online now.
When you choose Len The Plumber for radiator service, you can always expect:
- Flexible financing options, with approved credit
- Same day and emergency service at no extra cost
- Fully licensed, insured, and bonded plumbers who will prioritize your needs while always treating you and your home with respect
- The highest-quality workmanship and solutions!
We invite you to check out our excellent reviews and our exclusive offers to see why our customers love us and why we’re a leading plumbing company throughout Baltimore, Northern Virginia, Philadelphia, the Delaware Valley, and Washington, D.C.