Well Water Testing & Treatment Services
Over 15 million U.S. households receive their water from private ground water wells. While the EPA regulates public drinking water systems, they do not regulate privately owned wells. Because of this, homeowners with private wells are responsible for the safety of their water. For this reason, regular water testing is a necessary step to make sure the water your household consumes is free of contaminants.
If you are looking for water testing and treatment options, call Len The Plumber. Our experienced technicians can come out and test for things such as pH level, iron, and mineral content, which can be unsafe or cause long-term damage to your plumbing system. Or, if you have already had your water tested and are looking for water treatments, we can provide you with the appropriate system to ensure you have safe drinking water.
If you need water quality testing or want to learn more about your well water treatment options, give us a call at 800-950-4619 or contact us online to schedule your appointment!
pH Level Testing for Your MD, DC, VA, DE, or PA Area Home
The pH (potential hydrogen) level tells you how acidic your water is. The pH level of water can change how your water looks and tastes. When water has a low pH, it means that the water is more acidic, and it can be corrosive and harmful to any metals it comes into contact with. This is a cause for concern because the corrosion can seep into the water you drink.
When water has high pH levels, it is considered to be “hard water.” Hard water tends to make water have a bad taste. It causes lime scale buildup on plumbing fixtures and pipes. You’ll even notice little differences in your everyday tasks, like washing your hair with hard water making your hair look dull and needing to use more soap to get a lather. The chart below shows how hard water can harm your water heater.
Len The Plumber’s certified technicians can test your well’s water on the spot and provide you with options to make sure your water is potable and safe for your plumbing system. Give us a call today at 800-950-4619 or contact us online to schedule your well’s pH level testing.
Professional Iron Testing for Your MD, DC, VA, DE, or PA Home
The reason to test for iron is because iron in water can cause yellow, red, or brown stains on laundry, dishes, and plumbing fixtures such as sinks. In addition, iron can clog sprinklers and other devices such as dishwashers, which can lead to costly repairs. Iron gives a metallic taste to water, and can affect foods and beverages.
Common Signs Your Well Water Has High Iron Content
If you’re worried your well water has high mineral content such as iron, here are some of the common indicators to be on the lookout for:
- Metallic taste or bad smell
- Orange or rust-colored ring around sink or bathtub
- Brown or yellow stains on clothes and dishes
If any of these ring true for you, don’t stress! Len The Plumber has years of experience ridding MD, DC, VA, DE, and PA area well water of iron and other mineral content. Our certified team will provide you with affordable well water treatment options that will get your water back to safe and healthy levels in no time!
Trusted Water Treatment Options for MD, DC, VA, DE & PA Area Homes
There are many different treatment options available for your home’s well water. Homeowners often utilize a water treatment unit to remove contaminants from their water, protect their plumbing system from corrosion, and improve the overall taste of their drinking water.
Two effective water treatment options include:
- Point-of-Use: These systems treat water in batches, delivering water to a tap, such as a kitchen or bathroom sink or a secondary faucet mounted next to a tap.
- Point-of-Entry: This system is usually installed after the water meter or well tank and treats most of the water entering a residence.
Both point-of-use and point-of-entry are systems that Len The Plumber can install in order to improve the quality and safety of your home’s well water. If you have questions about which system may be best for your home, don’t hesitate to contact our team. We will discuss the benefits of each and help you make the right choice for your home’s water treatment needs.
Certified Water Filtration Systems for Your Maryland, D.C., Virginia, Delaware, or Pennsylvania Area Home
A water filter is a device that removes impurities from water by means of a physical barrier. Common water filtration systems include:
- Reverse Osmosis. Reverse osmosis systems use pressure to force water through a membrane casing. These systems help reduce the amount of metals and minerals in water such as sodium, chloride, and heavy metals, such as copper, chromium, and lead. In addition, some of these systems can also reduce contaminants such as arsenic V, fluoride, and nitrates. This system offers one of the best solutions available for removing harmful contaminants from your water. That’s because when you install a reverse osmosis water filtration system, your water goes through up to five different stages of filtration. An added benefit of this system is that there are few parts involved, making it pretty easy to clean. It is an extremely effective choice at an affordable price.
- Carbon Filter. This is another cost-effective system that uses an active carbon filter to remove certain impurities from water, improving its taste and clarity. Activated carbon is porous, which allows it to trap certain particles as it flows through the filtration process.
Water Softeners for Your MD, DC, VA, DE, or PA Home
Water filtration systems are usually unable to alter the “hardness” of water, which is where water softeners come into play. A water softener is a device that reduces the hardness of the water. A water softener removes the calcium and magnesium ions that create “hardness.”
The first step in determining if you need water filtration or water softener services is to have your water professionally tested. The certified experts at Len The Plumber can provide water testing for your home on the spot, and we will help you decide the best course of action once the exact issue is uncovered.
If you’d like to schedule water testing or water filtration system installation services, give Len The Plumber a call at 800-950-4619 or contact us online today!
Water Disinfection Solutions in MD, DC, VA, DE & PA
Water disinfection is a physical or chemical treatment where microorganisms are killed. Chlorine and chlorine dioxide are examples of chemical treatments for your water, while ultraviolet treatment is an example of a physical disinfectant approach.
- Chlorination Treatment: These systems use chlorine-based disinfectants to ensure that dangerous microbes are killed, protecting you from biological contamination in your well. This protects the water’s potability from the well to your tap.
- Ultraviolet Treatment: These systems use ultraviolet (UV) light to kill microorganisms such as bacteria and viruses. The effectiveness of UV is determined by how clear the water is, so it is important that dirty water is filtered before using UV.
If you have concerns about your water or are in the market for a water treatment system, give Len The Plumber a call today! Our certified technicians have years of experience providing customers in Maryland, D.C., Virginia, Delaware, and Pennsylvania with water treatment and water softening options that are effective and affordable!
If you’d like to schedule water testing, treatment, or softening services for your home, give us a call today at 800-950-4619 or contact us online!