From chilly spring nights to cold winter days, your furnace keeps your home cozy. That’s why the highly skilled, local team at Len The Plumber Heating & Air offers comprehensive heating services, including furnace repair, replacement, and maintenance.
We’ve proudly provided over 25 years of service and have the skills to meet your home comfort needs. With our HVAC expertise, great customer service, and fully stocked trucks, we’ll get the job done right the first time!
Trust the Len The Plumber Heating & Air team for all your furnace service needs. Call (800) 950-4619(800) 950-4619 to schedule service in Washington, D.C., or Charles, Montgomery, or Prince George’s County.
Same-Day Emergency Furnace Repair
If your furnace breaks down suddenly, don’t delay. Call Len The Plumber Heating & Air.
With 24/7 emergency service availability, we can quickly resolve even the most complex furnace issues that, when left unaddressed, are a danger to your home and family.
Signs You Need Furnace Repair
If your furnace is malfunctioning, it’s critical to get service fast. Signs you may need furnace repair include:
- No power
- No heat
- Insufficient heat
- System short-cycling
- Odd smells from your furnace or vents
- A yellow or orange pilot light
- Strange noises
- Poor air quality from dry air or carbon monoxide
New Furnace Installation & Replacement for D.C. Homes
If you keep up with preventative tune-ups, your furnace should last 15 to 20 years. To avoid getting stuck without heat, it’s important to replace your furnace before a complete breakdown.
With superior furnace installation from Len The Plumber Heating & Air, your new heating system will be up and running in no time.
It can be tricky to decide between repair and replacement. Consider upgrading to a new system if:
- Your furnace is approaching the end of its service life.
- Your furnace needs frequent repairs.
- Your furnace needs costly repairs totaling more than 50% of the unit’s value.
- Your home is never warm enough.
Furnace Maintenance & Tune-Ups
Regular furnace maintenance is important to help protect your heating system from wear and tear. We recommend scheduling a tune-up each year, ideally in the fall, so your furnace is in optimal condition for the entire winter.
With regular tune-ups, you’ll experience many benefits, including:
- Greater energy efficiency
- Improved heating performance
- Lower heating bills
- Fewer repair needs
- Reduced risk of breakdowns
- Maximized system life span
- And more!
Call for Same Day Service Seven Days a Week in Washington, D.C.
Trust the team at Len The Plumber Heating & Air for outstanding service for your furnace.
With more than 120 skilled technicians, we’re always available and always reliable. We believe in simplifying home services and do everything we can to ensure you receive the quality service you deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the differences between gas and electric furnaces?
Gas and electric furnaces have many differences, starting with how they operate. Gas furnaces generate heat using a burner powered by propane or natural gas. Electric furnaces rely on heated coils powered by electricity.
An electric furnace offers optimal energy efficiency and are safer because they don’t produce carbon monoxide. However, gas is often cheaper than electricity, so gas furnaces are less expensive to operate and offer faster, more intense heat.
What are AFUE ratings?
An AFUE rating tells you how efficiently your furnace operates. The higher the rating, the more energy-efficient the furnace will be.
As of January 1, 2023, all newly installed furnaces in the U.S. must be 81% AFUE or higher. 81% AFUE means 81% of the energy used turns into heat for your home, while the other 19% is wasted. Electric furnaces have 100% AFUE, so they’re the most energy-efficient.
Is it normal for a furnace to be loud?
It is normal for your furnace to be louder when turning on and off. However, if you hear any of the following sounds during operation, you may need furnace repair: