Washington, D.C.’s Preferred Plumbers for Over 25 Years
Sewer backups aren’t just messy: They can pose a serious health risk to your family and cause catastrophic damage to your Washington, D.C. home’s plumbing system. If you suspect a sewage backup has compromised your Washington, D.C. home’s plumbing performance, Len The Plumber is here to help.
Our team understands the unique needs of local homeowners’ plumbing systems, delivering the long-lasting sewer backup solutions they need exactly when they need them. We offer 24/7 emergency sewer backup repair services to quickly and efficiently resolve your plumbing problems in no time.
Don’t leave your sewer backup repair needs in the wrong hands. Contact Len The Plumber at 800-950-4619 to schedule emergency sewer backup repair service today!
What Causes Sewer Backups?
When sewer lines age, they become more susceptible to sagging, cracking, and crumbling over time. With 46% of D.C. homes built before 1949, you could have a dangerously old sewer line on your hands if it hasn’t been recently replaced. More than just age, the following are some additional causes of sewer backups that could be the source of your plumbing problems:
- Clogs: Clogged sewer lines keep your wastewater from flowing into your local sewer system, causing it to back up into your home instead. Toilet paper, hair, grease, food particles, and more can all become trapped inside your system, causing it to clog.
- Tree root infiltration: Aging sewer lines are much more susceptible to having a tree root infiltrate them, creating large blockages that lead to sewage backup in your Washington, D.C. home.
- Damaged sewer lines: Older sewer lines are far more likely to become damaged over time. These cracks and sags can cause your system to become severely blocked, leading to backup into your home.
- Heavy rains & floods: Here in Washington, D.C., we experience more than 3 feet of rainfall per year. With so much rain in the area, city sewage lines can become inundated with water, causing backups in your system.
If the main source of your sewer backup is caused by the main underground sewer pipe, the city will be responsible for any necessary repairs. However, in all other cases, it’s the homeowner’s responsibility to fix sewer line problems and backups. If you have water and sewer backup coverage through your homeowners’ insurance policy, your provider may cover the cost of repair and replacement of damaged property.
Regardless of the source of your sewer backup, Len The Plumber has the team you need to help! Contact us to schedule emergency sewer backup repair services in Washington, D.C. today.
Signs of Sewer Backups in Your Washington, D.C. Home
Sewer backups are pretty easy to notice when they occur. There are several signs that homeowners can watch for that will indicate the need for sewer backup repair, including:
- Foul smells coming from pipes and drains
- Standing water in your drain pipe
- Slow drainage or multiple drain clogs
- Persistent toilet troubles, even after plunging
- Wastewater backup in floor drains, especially in low areas of the home
- One plumbing fixture acting up while another is in use (such as sewage backing up into a tub after flushing the toilet)
If you’ve noticed the telltale signs of sewage backup affecting your plumbing system, it’s time to call in the team of trusted professionals you need. Len The Plumber’s team of top-quality plumbers is continuously trained in the most advanced industry tools and techniques, providing the long-lasting sewer line repairs you need to restore your system to working condition.
Call 800-950-4619 to schedule sewer backup repair in Washington, D.C. today!
Washington, D.C. 24-Hour Sewer Line Repair & Replacement
When you call Len The Plumber for your Washington, D.C. sewer line repair or replacement service, we’ll always provide a rapid response to alleviate the issue. Relying on our years of industry expertise and state-of-the-art equipment, our team will:
- Determine the root cause of your sewer backup: Using sophisticated sewer line camera inspection diagnostics, our team will thoroughly inspect your plumbing fixtures to identify the source of your sewage backup.
- Recommend the best options for sewer line repair: Our plumbers can remove the most stubborn clogs, including blockages in hard-to-reach places such as underground pipes and sewer stacks. If your sewer line is damaged, we’ll repair or replace it to help you avoid future backups!
Allow Len The Plumber to restore your sewer line to working order. Contact us to schedule sewer backup service online today!
How to Prevent Sewer Line Backups in Washington, D.C.
While our team is here to address any sewage backups that come your way, it’s also important for Washington, D.C., homeowners to know how to avoid the issue altogether. The following are just a few tips that homeowners can follow that will help them avoid catastrophic sewage backup in their homes:
- Ensure proper waste disposal: Don’t allow paper products, debris, and foreign objects ever to enter your drains.
- Replace sewer lines: Sewer lines older than 25 years or made from clay, cast iron, or Orangeburg are highly susceptible to failing. Be sure to schedule sewer line replacement if you suspect your line may be dangerously old or poorly constructed.
- Install backwater valves: This backflow prevention device helps stop outbound water from coming back into your home.
- Plumbing system maintenance: Routing drain cleaning and other plumbing maintenance can help keep clogs at bay and catch minor problems before they escalate into more serious issues.
If these preventative measures didn’t do the trick, Len The Plumber is here to help. Contact us at 800-950-4619 to schedule sewer backup repair services today!
Get Help With Your Sewer Backup in Washington, D.C. Today
At Len The Plumber, our team has decades of experience serving the unique needs of Washington, D.C., homeowners. We are deeply familiar with local plumbing systems, relying on our years of industry expertise and state-of-the-art equipment to get the job done right. Our team understands that plumbing emergencies can happen at any time, which is why we’re proud to offer 24/7 emergency plumbing services for all your sewage backup crises!
Call 800-950-4619 to schedule sewer backup repair in Washington, D.C. today. We proudly offer FREE estimates, exceptional service, and the most reliable solutions available!