There is nothing like a nice hot shower on a cold winter’s morning! But there’s nothing like the wake-up call you get when your shower runs frigid! Here are a few simple tips for ensuring your water heater is properly maintained.
Why Should I Flush My Water Heater?
- Increase longevity of the water heater: Over time, lime and other sediments from your home’s water can settle in your tank and disrupt its ability to work efficiently. The extra work required by the unit can also reduce its life span. Flushing your home’s water heater is easy and can prevent this sediment buildup that can cause problems for your water heater.
- Reduce noise: When your water heater has to deal with buildup inside the unit, you may hear banging or crackling noises. While sometimes the noises resolve themselves, the sediment does not disappear.
- Comply with the warranty: Your water heater is a big investment, and, in some cases, regular maintenance is a component of its manufacturer’s warranty. Check to see if failure to maintain the unit can void the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Get hot water quicker: The more sediment your water heater must work through, the longer it takes to heat the water you want to use. That means you could be wasting water waiting for the water to reach the desired temperature, or you could run out of hot water, leaving you soapy and steamed.
- Improve efficiency: Water heating can consume as much as 25% of your home’s energy. Anything like a sediment buildup that can force your unit to work harder can cost you more money in energy usage. A hard-working unit can put stress on its components leading to costly repairs.
When Should I Flush My Water Heater?
Experts recommend flushing your water heater every six months. However, if you live in an area with hard water, you may want to flush your water heater more often. You can find out about the water quality in your area by exploring the database at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
The experts at Len The Plumber can flush your home’s water heater and ensure it’s running optimally. Call (800) 950-4619(800) 950-4619 or contact us online now before your shower gets cold and your temper starts to heat up!