Everyone dreads taking a shower or washing their car with low water pressure, but the soothing luxury of sufficient water pressure doesn’t come without a cost to your wallet or your home. For
every 10 minutes of water use, high water pressure can waste 6-26 gallons of water, which can result in a pricey water bill. In fact, high water pressure also puts excess stress on your home’s plumbing system and reduces the life expectancy of appliances like dishwashers, washing machines, and water heaters.
How do you know if you have high water pressure? Here are a few signs to look for:
- Banging pipes- One of the most common signs of high water pressure results in noisy pipes that make a banging sound.
- Running toilets- While this is more uncommon, you could potentially have a leaky or running toilet due to high water pressure.
- Leaking faucets- If your faucet leaks only at certain times of the day or when another plumbing event occurs (ie: taking a shower), this could be because of high water pressure.
If any of these symptoms occur in your home and you’re unsure if you have high water pressure, give us a call or schedule an appointment online! Once you schedule a service, one of our certified technicians can run a water pressure test to diagnose the situation and make recommendations.
High water pressure can be easily fixed by installing a pressure reducing valve (PRV). Some benefits include:
- An easy way to increase your home’s plumbing efficiency
- Saves you money on your future water bills
- Automatically reduces your home’s high, incoming water pressure to a lower, more functional level
- Reduces your household water consumption up to 30%
If you already have a PRV installed, it’s important to know that it lasts roughly 7-12 years. Depending on the age of your home and the valve, it may be time to switch it out!
Interested in having your water pressure checked? No problem! Our local and certified plumbers are able to complete any plumbing task the same day you call—no job is too big or small. Always remember that at Len The Plumber, we are able to provide you with Same Day Service, 7 Days a Week.