Sewage backup is one of the most problematic plumbing issues that a Mid-Atlantic homeowner can face. When your sewer line needs repair or replacement following a sewage backup, you need fast, reliable service technicians you can trust to get the job done right.
Len The Plumber offers the comprehensive sewer backup and repair services that families throughout Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey need when they need them most. We are proud to be the Mid-Atlantic region’s preferred plumbing professionals.
If you’re experiencing a sewage backup in your home, don’t hesitate to contact Len The Plumber for the same-day service you need. Schedule sewer backup and repair services with our plumbing experts today!
Common Causes of Sewer Backups in the Mid-Atlantic Region
Sewer lines can back up for many different reasons. The following are just some of the most common causes of sewer backups in Mid-Atlantic homes:
- Sewer line clogs: These pesky blockages can prevent wastewater from properly leaving your home and entering the local sewer system, causing sewage to back up into your home instead.
- Tree root infiltration: When tree roots grow around vulnerable sewer lines, they can lodge themselves inside your system, create large blockages, and cause sewage backup.
- Damaged sewer lines: Sagging, cracking, misaligned, or broken sewer lines are more susceptible to clogging, increasing your likelihood of experiencing a sewage backup in your home.
- Heavy rains & floods: Your city’s sewer line can become overwhelmed by water during heavy storms and flooding, which can lead to sewage backup within your plumbing system.
Some causes of sewer backup may be the city’s responsibility, such as when a problem exists within the main underground sewer pipe. In all other instances, however, it’s the homeowner’s responsibility to repair a sewage backup.
When you need sewer line repair or replacement following a sewage backup in your home, schedule sewer backup repair services with Len The Plumber for the fast, reliable service you can trust!
Signs Your Mid-Atlantic Home Needs Sewer Backup Repair
A sewer backup is one of the messiest, most noticeable issues you can spot inside your Mid-Atlantic home. The following are just some of the signs that indicate you may have a sewage backup issue on your hands:
- Foul odors coming from drains
- Standing water in the drainpipe
- Slow drains or multiple drain clogs
- Persistent toilet troubles
- Wastewater backup in floor drains
- One plumbing fixture malfunctioning while another is in use
If you’ve noticed the signs of needed sewer backup repair in your home, don’t wait until it’s too late to get the superior service you need.
Our Sewer Line Repair & Replacement Services in the Mid-Atlantic Region
Depending on the severity of your sewage backup issue, our team may recommend either sewer line repair or replacement. To provide you with the most effective, affordable solution, we’ll use our state-of-the-art equipment to evaluate:
- The root cause of your sewer backup: We’ll pinpoint the exact culprit behind your sewage backup problems, conducting a sewer line camera inspection to thoroughly evaluate your system and provide a proper diagnosis.
- Your best options for clog removal: Our team has decades of industry expertise under our belt, making us uniquely capable of eliminating any clog that stands in our way. We’ll provide the repair or replacement service you need to keep persistent plumbing problems at bay.
Don’t allow sewage backup to destroy your home and personal property. Contact Len The Plumber to schedule same-day sewer backup repair services and have your sewer line repaired or replaced today!
Choose Len The Plumber for Sewer Backup & Repair Service
At Len The Plumber, our team has proudly served as the Mid-Atlantic region’s preferred plumbing specialists for more than 25 years. We offer superior sewer backup repair services and provide an exceptional customer experience through the following service benefits:
- Same-day sewer backup repair service seven days a week
- Upfront, honest pricing with no overtime, weekend, or evening service fees
- Fully stocked service trucks equipped with all your sewer backup repair service needs
- Friendly, considerate service technicians who treat your home and family with kindness
Don’t leave your sewer backup repair needs in the wrong hands: Len The Plumber offers the same-day solutions you need to restore your plumbing system to working condition in no time. Contact us to schedule sewer backup repair services today!
Sewer Backup & Repair FAQs
How do I prevent a sewer backup in my house?
To prevent a sewage backup in your home, we recommend that you:
- Properly dispose of waste by ensuring no paper products, debris, or foreign objects enter your drains
- Replace sewer lines that are older than 25 years or made out of clay, cast iron, or Orangeburg materials
- Install a backwater valve to stop outbound water from flowing back into your home plumbing system
- Adhere to a proper plumbing maintenance schedule to catch minor issues before they escalate
What does a sewer backup mean?
When a sewage backup occurs in your home, it means that water is coming up or being pushed into your home through the pipes from the sewer or drainage systems. Sewer backups are considered plumbing emergencies and should be taken care of immediately by a knowledgeable plumbing professional.
Can you get sick from sewage backup?
Yes — sewage carries toxic bacteria and viruses, which can cause serious health problems for you and your family. Substances like pesticides, fungi, and protozoans are all commonly found in wastewater, and more than 2 million sewage-related illnesses occur in the U.S. each year. If you think a sewage backup has occurred in your home, get the immediate assistance you need by scheduling sewer backup repair with Len The Plumber today.