Today marks the beginning of the EPA’s Fix a Leak Week of 2016! The goal of this week is to inform homeowners about fixing household leaks and how those fixes translate into water conservation. With 10% of homes in the U.S. wasting at least 90 gallons of water a day, it is important to make sure your home is drip free. Even a minute breach in your plumbing system can wreak havoc on both your home and checkbook if not properly addressed. Luckily, we here at Len The Plumber are always eager to put your pipes in check!
Seek for Leaks
- Review your water bills: Analyze your water bills from the last six months to a year. If you see a spike in cost of your bill, there is a likely chance you have a leak. It’s always a good idea to keep record of your water bills for this reason.
- Observe your water meter: Using your water meter is a great way to begin your water leak investigation. For an easy step-by-step process on detecting a leak through your water meter, check out our blog post on Water Leak Detection Tips.
- Check your toilet: Place a few drops of food coloring into the tank of your toilet. If after ten minutes the coloring has made its way into the bowl, then your toilet is leaking.
- Faucets and Showerheads: If you have a visible leak coming from either a faucet or showerhead, we invite you to use our Drip Calculator to determine approximately how much water is wasted each day, week, and year.
- Hose Bibb: With the spring season upon us, the time to turn your outdoor faucet back on is approaching, too. For a quick way to check if your hose bibb is leaking, take a look at one of our previous blog posts about How to Check Your Outdoor Hose Bibbs for Leaks.
We understand how fixing a leak can fall to the bottom of a priority list. However, the longer you wait, the more damage it will do to not only your wallet, but your home, as well. Fortunately, our expert technicians at Len The Plumber are highly qualified to resolve your leak issues. If you are in need of our services, please give us a call, day or night, 7 Days a Week, or go to our website to schedule an appointment today!