Touchless faucets are a new technology that helps conserve water, free your hands, and help keep your faucet handles free from dirt and germs.
What Is a Touchless Faucet?
A touchless faucet eliminates the need to activate water by manually turning a handle. Touchless faucets rely on motion sensors to activate the stream of water and shut it off.
Benefits of Touchless Faucets
Here are seven reasons touchless faucets are a good choice for your home:
- Touchless faucets conserve water: According to the Environmental Protection Agency, faucets account for 15% of household water usage. A touchless faucet can help reduce that usage because it automatically turns on and off.
- Touchless faucets help with hygiene: Germs can live on traditional faucet handles. A touchless version means there is no risk of spreading or contracting germs or dirt that can remain on a faucet handle. That means once you clean your hands, you don’t reintroduce germs by touching a dirty faucet handle to turn off the water.
- Touchless faucets are convenient: Hands full of dishes? No problem. The sensors make it convenient when your hands are too full to turn a knob.
- Touchless faucets require less cleaning: Because grubby hands aren’t constantly grabbing onto knobs and levers, touchless faucets stay cleaner longer than traditional faucets.
- Touchless faucets prevent scalding: Touchless faucets typically have a fixed temperature, so you can feel confident that the water won’t scald your hands.
- Touchless faucets help with independence: The motion-activated features mean anyone with mobility issues or someone who struggles with grip or hand issues can easily use the faucet unassisted.
- Touchless faucets have pre-fixed flow: There’s no wasteful blast of water when someone opens up a faucet to its capacity. This automated feature helps to conserve water.
What Do I Need To Install a Touchless Faucet?
Some touchless faucets are battery-powered, and some are plug-in versions. If you choose a plug-in version, you will need an outlet for a power source.
In the event of a power outage, your touchless faucet without a battery backup would be inoperable.
Choose Len The Plumber for Professional Faucet Installation
If you are ready to move to touchless faucets in your home, call the professionals at Len The Plumber.
Our plumbing experts can help answer your questions about hands-free faucets and find the right one for your home.
You can count on Len The Plumber for all your plumbing needs. Call (800) 950-4619(800) 950-4619 or contact us online to request faucet replacement.