Chances are you have the traditional kind of water heater: one with a storage tank that refills itself as needed and keeps the water hot, even when you’re not using it.
Over the past few years, tradition has learned to share the spotlight with “new”…the new breed of tankless water heaters, that is. Just as it sounds, a tankless water heater has no storage tank. That’s because it doesn’t need one! Instead, cold water is heated as it passes through a heating element once you turn on any hot water appliance or fixture in your home. That means hot water on demand without having to wait for a storage tank to refill itself.
Pretty neat, huh? Well, here’s even more to like:
- Endless hot water. This is perfect for families with teenagers. Tankless water heaters provide a continual supply of hot water. No more cold showers or fights for who gets to shower first.
- No stored water eliminates potential water damage. Did you know conventional water heaters are one of the leading causes of property damage?
- Tankless water heaters are small; about the size of a fuse box and can be mounted right to the wall.
- They can reduce your water heating costs by as much as 50%! Tankless units heat water only when it’s needed. Since there is no hot water storage, thermal heat loss is almost completely eliminated.
- Tankless water heaters have very high efficiency ratings at nearly 99%. With more and more attention being paid to energy conservation and environmental issues, tankless water heaters have become even more popular.
- Plus, the average tankless system has a “shelf life” of greater than 20 years, vs. 10-15 years for a storage tank system. And that results in even greater long-term savings.
Point-of-Use and Whole-House Models
Let’s add tremendous flexibility to the list of tankless water heater benefits. Let’s say, for example, that you simply want more hot water for your main shower or your washing machine. Point-of-use units can supply that added splash without you having to replace your current system.
Whole-house models are available, too, and can be designed to meet the needs of every size family, and every size home.
At Len the Plumber, we provide a wide variety of home hot water solutions, including ongoing maintenance, expert repairs, and custom-designed new or replacement systems. Contact us today to learn more about tankless water heaters and to find out if that’s the right solution for you and your family.