Have you ever wiped your bathroom mirror down after a shower thinking the steam would help clean it? Yet, every time you do this you discover a mirror filled with streaks upon your return. Rather than looking for a cleaning hack, here is a cleaning method that will get you the results you desire: a streak-free mirror!
What Doesn’t Work
- Wiping your steamed up mirrors with a towel post-shower
- Using newspaper; this may have been true years ago, but today’s ink will leave behind residue
- Paper towels leave behind small piece of residue, making your mirror look dusty
- Using a general cleaning product that is not labeled specifically as a window cleaner
List of Tools You’ll Need
- A Flat-Weave Microfiber Cloth
- Glass Cleaner (Can also use a homemade white vinegar and water solution)
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Cotton Pad
How to Clean Your Bathroom Mirror
- Before you remove any streaks and fingerprints, you want to remove any dirt, grime, and gunk from the mirror. Pour some rubbing alcohol onto your cotton pad and start scrubbing away any buildup. We all know you probably have some toothpaste splatters and dried-on hairspray…
- Using your glass cleaner (or vinegar solution), spray down your mirror. The key here is to spray on a light layer of mist, rather than over-spraying. Applying too much cleaner will cause it to drip and run downward, which just creates a mess and more work for yourself to be completely honest.
- Grab your flat-weave microfiber cloth and fold it in half, twice. Now you’ll have four clean layers of cloth to work with during your cleaning.
- Place your cloth on the top left corner of the mirror and slide it to the top right corner. Then, head back to the left side of the mirror at a slight downward angle. Repeat this until you have worked your way down to the bottom of the mirror. (Think of yourself moving in a Z motion, over and over again.)
Post Cleaning: Inspect your mirror at a few different angles looking for any streaks, residue, or leftover grime. If so, spray a small amount of your cleaning solution on each spot and wipe it clean — do this quickly!
With this cleaning method, you’ll never have to worry about having streaks or gunk on your mirrors ever again! Now that your bathroom is sitting pretty, make sure it is functional by having any damaged plumbing repaired by Len The Plumber. If you’re looking for a reliable plumber, check to see if you live in one of our many service areas!