Plumbing problems can be an inevitable part of owning a home. While some problems come with aging fixtures or normal wear and tear on plumbing equipment, others may be caused by how certain systems are used and maintained.
At Len The Plumber, we’ve seen and fixed all types of plumbing problems—big and small alike! Here’s a look at some of the most common issues our expert plumbers handle and what usually causes them.
If you’re dealing with any plumbing problem at your Mid-Atlantic-area home and you need help now, don’t hesitate to contact Len The Plumber for same day service at no extra cost!
1. Dripping Faucets
Dripping faucets are annoying, wasteful, and costly. Sometimes, these drips can be caused by a worn-out washer or O ring, which can easily be replaced. In other cases, corrosion or even improper faucet installation can be the problem causing the drip.
If your faucet is dripping:
- Use our drip calculator to find out how much that drip may be costing you.
- Let our expert plumbers diagnose the problem if a simple washer or O ring replacement doesn’t fix your drip!
2. Leaky Pipes
Leaky pipes can be caused by all sorts of problems, including:
- Stubborn clogs
- Incorrect pipe laying
- Pipe corrosion
- Pipe joint damage
- Cracked seals or cracked pipes
- Excessive water pressure
No matter what’s causing leaky pipes, this common plumbing problem needs to be fixed fast! The longer leaky pipes are ignored, the more damage they can cause—both to your plumbing system and to your home itself!
3. Running Toilets
- Refill tube problems
- Worn out flapper seals or flush valves
- Improperly sized flapper chains
- Corroded toilet handles
4. Low Water Pressure
Weak water pressure can make it challenging to use pretty much any plumbing system in your home! Often, low water pressure is a symptom of bigger plumbing problems, like:
- Pipe corrosion
- Hidden water leaks in your home
- Drain or sewer clogs
- Cracked or blocked sewer lines
5. Leaking Hose Bibb
A leaking hose bibb is very common in the spring and summer. After a long, cold winter, many hose bibbs that aren’t protected can crack and begin to leak. We advise our customers to invest in a frost-proof hose bibb, which can reduce the chances of having future leaks.
6. Slow or Clogged Drains
Drainage problems can cause health hazards and even plumbing disasters if they’re not addressed quickly! In general:
- One slow or clogged drain in a home usually means that a problem is localized to that area of the home. Commonly, these drain clogs happen because hair, soap, and other foreign objects have simply built up in a drain over time. Routine drain cleaning can be the ideal solution for addressing this issue!
- Multiple slow or clogged drains are a red flag that you may be dealing with sewer line problems. To prevent a sewage backup in your home, it’s crucial you call Len The Plumber whenever you notice multiple slow drains in your home—especially if the problem starts with the drains in the lowest areas of your home!
7. Sump Pump Failure
- Stuck switches
- An overwhelming amount of water, like after heavy rain
- Clogged discharge pipes
- Improper sump pump installation
- Aging, with sump pumps around 10 years old being prone to failure
8. Water Heater Problems
Hot water is a necessity in any home. So, when water heaters can’t provide enough or any hot water, homeowners can be dealing with a plumbing crisis! Usually, water heater problems are caused by issues like:
- Heating element failures
- Corrosion or sediment buildup in systems
- Loose or broken electrical connections
- Improper water heater installation
- The wrong size or type of system to support a home’s needs
Len The Plumber Has All of Your Plumbing Repair Needs Covered
Whether or not you’re dealing with a common plumbing problem, the trusted plumbers at Len The Plumber can help! We have the expertise and state-of-the-art equipment to diagnose and repair any plumbing problem. Plus, we offer same day and emergency service at no extra cost!