When the time comes to repair, maintain, or replace your water heater, only trust a licensed and certified plumber to get the job done. The team at Len The Plumber has 24 years of experience installing and servicing water heaters in the Baltimore area. We are experts in the latest water heating technology, so you can trust our professional opinion when it comes to making your water heater run as affordably and dependably as possible.
Give us a call today at 800-950-4619 to request water heater installation, repair, maintenance, or replacement in Baltimore.
Types of Water Heaters
At Len The Plumber, we have experience working with all makes and models of water heaters. Turn to us whenever you need any of the following repaired or replaced:
- Gas water heaters: Natural gas is a popular fuel source. It’s clean, energy-efficient, and cost-effective. We have serviced hundreds of gas water heaters over the years, so no matter what services you need, we can help!
- Electric water heaters: If you don’t have natural gas lines, or you want to heat your home’s water supply with alternative energy sources, an electric water heater may be right for you. We’ll help you size and install your unit with today’s best practices in mind.
- Storage water heaters: Conventional storage tanks remain the most common type of water heater installed in Baltimore. Improvements in tank construction and insulation make these water heaters more efficient than ever.
- Tankless water heaters: You can do away with the standby heat loss associated with storage tanks by opting for a tankless water heater. Len The Plumber can install a whole-house unit or smaller point-of-use models to meet your needs.
- Heat pump water heaters: Also known as hybrid water heaters, these exceptionally energy-efficient systems collect warmth from the air to heat your water supply. Heat pump water heaters are powered by electricity.
- Solar water heaters: Another alternative option is to heat your home’s water with the sun’s energy. Roof-mounted cells and a backup energy system ensure you always have hot water when you need it.
Len The Plumber is proud to offer commercial and residential water heater services to families and business owners in the Baltimore area. Let us fulfill your water heating needs today!
Our Water Heater Services
Water heaters are among the top energy users in a home or business, accounting for as much as 25% of your utility bills. Help keep your water hot and your bills low with these services from Len The Plumber:
- Water heater installation and replacement: Need a water heater for your new home? Ready to replace your outdated unit? Either way, our Baltimore plumbers have you covered with reliable water heater replacement and installation services.
- Water heater repair: A broken water heater can be inconvenient, cause expensive home damage, or even endanger your family’s safety. Call Len The Plumber for water heater repair, and we’ll have it working again in no time.
- Water heater maintenance: Preventative service can help your water heater operate more efficiently, break down less often, and last years longer. Trust our team to perform annual maintenance, and you’ll get the most out of your water heater.
Our professional plumbers are standing by and ready to help. Call us to request the services you need today.
Frequently Asked Questions About Water Heaters
When it comes to expertly repairing, replacing, or installing water heaters for homeowners throughout Baltimore, our team has seen and heard it all. With homes ranging from old to new, the causes of water heater problems can be difficult to diagnose, which is why we’ve compiled some of the most common questions we receive about water heaters.
What is the difference between a traditional and tankless water heater?
If you live in an older Baltimore home or townhouse, it’s likely that you have a traditional tank-style water heater. While these can work effectively for your household’s water heating needs, they are much less energy-efficient than modern, tankless styles.
Traditional tank-style water heaters operate by continuously heating hot water and storing it in a tank. More people in your home equates to more showers, dishwashing, and laundry needs, so running out of hot water is a common problem. Since the tank-style must keep refilling and heating water, it uses a lot of energy – about 14-18% of your home’s total energy consumption, according to the Department of Energy.
Modern tankless water heaters are much more efficient because they heat your water on demand, right when you need it, rather than storing it and continuously keeping it hot. With tankless water heaters, hot water is almost instantaneous and will not run out as it is flash-heated with a gas burner or electric element. While tankless water heaters have a higher initial cost, they tend to have a much longer service life and will undoubtedly save homeowners substantial money on their energy bills.
How long does a hot water heater last?
Storage or tank-style water heaters last approximately 10-15 years, and about 27 million households in the U.S. have a water heater that is more than 10 years old. That’s why it’s important to start researching replacement options early, before you find yourself in a pinch with a broken water heater. Tankless-style water heaters have a much longer anticipated service life, typically lasting upwards of 20 years, with many components that can be easily replaced by your local plumbing expert and further extend service life expectations.
What is hot water heater maintenance?
Like all of your home’s comfort systems, your hot water heater requires occasional maintenance to ensure it runs effectively and efficiently for its entire service life.
For tank-style water heaters, maintenance includes:
- Draining the tank twice a year to reduce sediment buildup
- Making sure the thermostat is set to 120 degrees
- Testing the temperature-pressure relief valve annually
- Examining the sacrificial anode rod (every three years)
- Wrapping tank in insulation (for older, uninsulated tanks)
For tankless water heaters, maintenance consists of:
- Descaling your system annually (according to manufacturer’s recommendations)
- Flushing the system to remove mineral deposits
- Ensuring temperature is set to 120 degrees
- Cleaning the water filter
Regular maintenance will guarantee that your water heater will continue to provide you with consistent hot water when you need it, regardless of the system you have. It will also alert you to any issues before they become larger and more expensive problems. Contact Len The Plumber to schedule your water heater maintenance today!
Why does it take so long to get hot water?
Here are some of the common reasons it takes a long time for hot water to flow from your sink or faucets:
- Water currently in pipes is cold or room temperature
- Water heater is located far from faucets or sinks
- Flow restrictor installation
- Malfunctioning water heater
- Buildup of sediment in water heater tank
- Freezing temperatures outside
- Large and/or thick pipes
- Galvanized pipes
Len The Plumber can resolve each of these issues, whether through routine, preventative maintenance, installing a hot water recirculation pump, or replacing your fixtures with a higher flow rate. Whatever the issue may be, we have solutions that will result in a faster supply of hot water flowing through your Baltimore home.
Why is my water heater leaking?
There are several reasons your water heater could be leaking, ranging from minor issues to larger problems. Here are the most common reasons water heaters leak:
- Too much pressure
- Cracked storage tank
- Loose fixtures
- Improper draining
- Age of your water heater
Whatever the reason your water heater is leaking, our Baltimore team of plumbing experts is equipped with the industry know-how to get you solutions fast!
Schedule Water Heater Services in Baltimore, MD
Len The Plumber is a leading plumbing contractor in the Baltimore area with business practices that stand out from the rest. Choose us for same day service, seven days a week. Pay no extra charge for emergency and after-hours appointments. Take advantage of flexible financing to make your purchase affordable. And rest assured that your satisfaction is guaranteed!
Looking for a knowledgeable plumber to install, repair, replace, or maintain your water heater? Contact Len The Plumber to get the job started today!