Baltimore’s Preferred Plumbing Professionals for Over 25 Years
Sewer backups don’t just cause a huge mess: They’re a severe plumbing problem that can cause major health risks and damage critical systems in your Baltimore home. If you’ve noticed a sewage backup affecting your Baltimore home’s plumbing performance, Len The Plumber is here to help.
Our team understands the unique needs of Maryland homeowners’ plumbing systems, delivering the long-lasting sewer backup solutions they need exactly when they need them. We offer 24/7 emergency sewer backup repair services to quickly and efficiently resolve your plumbing problems in no time.
Your search for sewer backup repair in Baltimore ends now. Contact Len The Plumber at 800-950-4619 to schedule emergency sewer backup repair service today!
What Causes Sewer Backups?
Especially as sewer lines age, sewer backups can become more problematic as the system sags, cracks, and crumbles over time. In Baltimore, 68% of homes were built before 1949, meaning you could have a dangerously old sewer line on your hands if it hasn’t been replaced in recent years. In addition to age, the following are some additional causes of sewer backups that could be the source of your plumbing problems:
- Clogs: Clogged sewer lines prevent your wastewater from flowing into your local sewer system, causing it to back up into your home instead. These clogs can be caused by many different materials, including toilet paper, hair, grease, food items, and more.
- Tree root infiltration: Aging sewer lines are much more susceptible to having a tree root infiltrate them, creating large blockages that lead to sewage backup in your Baltimore home.
- Damaged sewer lines: Even if your sewer line isn’t old, it may still sag, crack, break, or become misaligned. When this happens, clogs can easily occur, making sewage backup into your home more likely.
- Heavy rains & floods: Here in Baltimore, we experience more than 3 feet of rainfall per year. City sewage lines can become inundated with water, causing sewage to back up into your home.
If the main source of your sewer backup is caused by the main underground sewer pipe, the city will be responsible for any necessary repairs. However, in all other instances, it’s the homeowner’s responsibility to fix sewer line problems and backups. If you have water and sewer backup coverage through your homeowners’ insurance policy, your provider may cover the cost of repair and replacement of damaged property.
Regardless of the root cause of your sewer backup, Len The Plumber is here to help! Contact us to schedule emergency sewer backup repair services in Baltimore today.
Signs of Sewer Backups in Your Baltimore Home
Sewer backups won’t be shy about letting you know a problem exists. There are several symptoms that homeowners can watch for that will indicate the need for sewer backup repair, including:
- Foul odors emanating from your drains
- Standing water in your drain pipe
- Slow drainage or multiple drain clogs
- Toilet problems that persist even after plunging
- Wastewater backup in floor drains, especially in the basement
- One plumbing fixture acting up while another is in use (such as sewage backing up into a tub when the toilet is flushed)
If you’ve noticed the telltale signs of sewage backup affecting your plumbing system, it’s time to call in the team of trusted professionals you need. Len The Plumber’s team of top-quality plumbers is specially trained to deliver the long-lasting sewer line repairs you need to restore your system to working condition.
Call 800-950-4619 to schedule sewer backup repair in Baltimore today!
Baltimore Sewer Line Repair & Replacement
When you call Len The Plumber for your Baltimore sewer line repair or replacement service, we’ll always respond as quickly as possible to resolve your problems. Using our expertise and state-of-the-art equipment, our team will help determine:
- The root cause of your sewer backup: Using sewer line camera inspection diagnostics, our team will check and test your plumbing fixtures to identify the root cause of your sewage backup problem.
- The best options for sewer line repair: Our plumbers can remove even the most stubborn clogs, including clogs in difficult spots such as underground pipes and sewer stacks. If your sewer line is damaged, we’ll repair or replace your sewer line to help you avoid future backups!
Don’t let a stubborn sewer line stand in the way of your home comfort and safety. Allow the expert plumbers at Len The Plumber to provide the repair or replacement service you need by scheduling sewer backup service online today!
How to Prevent Sewer Line Backups in Baltimore
While it’s important to know who to call when a sewer line backup occurs in your Baltimore home, it’s equally important to know how to avoid it in the first place. The following are just a few tips that homeowners can follow that will help them avoid catastrophic sewage backup in their homes:
- Proper waste disposal: Ensure paper products, debris, and foreign objects never enter your drains.
- Replace sewer lines: Sewer lines older than 25 years or made from clay, cast iron, or Orangeburg are highly susceptible to failure. Be sure to schedule sewer line replacement service if you suspect your line may be dangerously old or poorly constructed.
- Install backwater valves: This backflow prevention device helps stop outbound water from coming back into your home.
- Plumbing system maintenance: Routine drain cleaning and other plumbing maintenance can help keep clogs at bay and catch minor problems before they escalate into more serious issues.
If you still experience sewer backup after following these preventative measures, Len The Plumber is here to help. Contact us at 800-950-4619 to schedule sewer backup repair services today!
Get Help With Your Sewer Backup in Baltimore Today
At Len The Plumber, our team has more than 25 years of experience serving the unique needs of Baltimore homeowners. We are deeply familiar with local plumbing systems, continuously training our technicians in the most advanced tools and techniques to provide the highest-quality solutions possible. Our team understands that plumbing emergencies can happen at any time, which is why we’re proud to offer 24/7 emergency plumbing services for all your sewage backup crises!
Call 800-950-4619 to schedule sewer backup repair in Baltimore today. We proudly offer FREE estimates, exceptional service, and the most reliable solutions available!